Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day trip to Blue Lake....

Last week my mom and I took my 90 year old friend, Father Walter Marek, down to Blue Lake Fine Arts camp for the day....
We took him to their annual meeting, he used to be the treasurer and for my mom and I it was a little reminiscent because she had taken me, Shannon and Kevin there once for violin camp when we were younger....


He has a building named after him there....
This is the ceiling of the amphitheater there..where I once played a violin recital....
It was a really fun and interesting day for my mom & I. Walter new all the "hot" spots between TC and Blue Lake...like the old diner in Manistee for dinner and a pit stop for blue berry pie at the farmers market..oh and I can't forget the headcheese stop at the grocery store!


No comments: